Lubricants play a major role in PVC processing. An external lubricant is employed to assist the smooth passage of resin melt. An internal lubricant reduces melt viscosity allowing free movement between polymer chains and also prevents overheating which ensures the good color of the final product. There is no universal lubricant that can provide all the needed properties in the formulation. Hence, lubricants are always used in packages, as a lubricating system.
- They control the process.
- Lubricants interact with other ingredients of the formulation. Thus, change in any one ingredient may affect the solubility of the lubricant in the entire system
- Process machinery uses different ratios of heat and shear to achieve the same end product.
- A lubricant package designed for low heat – high shear machine may fail dramatically in high heat- low shear machine.
- New lubricants should first be evaluated in the laboratory at different levels, temperatures and shear rates and their operating range are determined.
|Product Grade||Application||Key features|
|Goldstab LUB 110 PE||Rigid PVC articles and Polyolefin masterbatches||Polyethylene wax for better heat stability|